How to have summer fun more consciously
I am compiling a list of things we can all do to have summer fun more consciously:
1. Take better care of our trash: bring a compostable bag for food scraps and separate them instead of dumping everything in a overflowing trash can. Take compostables home and take well... compost! out of them.
2. Take recycling home if there are questionable recycling containers in public places.
3. Caravan to fun places. I know, I know, COVID-19... Well, maybe we wear masks if we need an extra layer of protection.
4. Pack our own food instead of getting takeouts. It is better anyways!
5. This goes without saying... but... reusable water bottles!
6. Take a trash bag on a hike or a trip to the beach and a pair of gloves. Our trails keep some attention from what I have been seeing.
7. Explore nearby places rather then fly to the lands far far away.
River Clean-up is the new Black